ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
Submissions received through this contest will inform the branding, campaign design, and eventual implementation of a youth-driven public awareness and counter-marketing campaign that will highlight the adverse health effects of sugar-sweetened beverages and promote healthier alternatives within the City of Seattle.
The contest is administered by a multicultural group of entities including The Vida Agency, The Service Board, Latino Community Fund, Black Stax, and Hip Hop is Green, in coordination with the City of Seattle and the SBT Community Advisory Board.
PRIZE: $250.00 USD
ENTRIES: Participants receive one (1) entry into the drawing for each survey submitted.
SELECTION PROCESS: Prize winners will be selected by a random drawing on April 8th, 2020.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those 14 years of age and older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to residents of Washington State, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Vida Agency, The Service Board, Hip Hop is Green, Black Stax, Latino Community Fund, and the City of Seattle, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively “The Coalition”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of The Coalition are eligible to complete the survey, but are not eligible to win the prize. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the SBT Awareness and Counter Marketing Campaign Coalition as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on March 2, 2020 at 5:00pm PST and ending April 8th, 2020. All entries must be received by March 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm PST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by completing the online survey. The entry must fully complete the survey as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Coalition. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Coalition.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive $250.00 USD. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Coalition to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of The Coalition. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Coalition shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE COALITION’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that The Coalition, anyone acting on behalf of The Coalition, and The Coalition’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: The Coalition reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Coalition’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, The Coalition may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Coalition. The Coalition reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Coalition has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Coalition and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON STATE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington State having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to: Alex Shaffer at email@example.com. Requests must be received no later than April 22nd, 2020 at 5:00pm PST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the SBT Public Awareness and Counter Marketing Coalition, including The Vida Agency, The Service Board, Hip Hop is Green, Black Stax, Latino Community Fund, and the City of Seattle.
15. By participating, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.