The Vida Agency, a boutique woman and minority owned creative agency, seeks a freelance copywriter and editor with experience reviewing and writing content for a range of diverse audiences.
If you’re eager to put your exceptional and persuasive writing chops to work increasing equity, access, and authenticity in local communications, then read on!
Freelance Copywriter and Editor Job Description
The Freelance Copywriter and Editor will be responsible for reviewing client- and public-facing deliverables to ensure that content is well written and structured, that grammar and spelling are correct, and that format is consistent and in accordance with style guide.
They will also provide general copywriting support agency-wide, creating content for use on internal and client-facing projects.
- -Strong active listening skills.
- -Excellent written English, including spelling and grammar.
- -Meticulous eye for detail.
- -Ability to apply principles of equity, anti-racism, de-colonization, and human-centric design to writing.
- -Professional training or degree in English, literature, marketing, communications, journalism, or another relevant field or equivalent experience writing and editing.
- -A minimum of 5 years’ copywriting or editing experience.
- -Extensive familiarity with AP Style and excellent grammar, editing and proofreading abilities.
- -A background in and understanding of writing for print and web platforms, and an eagerness to continue learning as the field evolves.
- -Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- -Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- -Awareness of trends in culture both digital and IRL.
- -Experience writing content for consumer audiences and conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content, utilize web and social metrics to improve conversations and engagement, and engage audiences and make sophisticated information easier to understand.
About The Vida Agency
The Vida Agency develops and executes brand campaigns and brand- and issue-related communication services for market segments such as health, justice, infrastructure, transportation, retail, consumer, political campaigns, public policy, education, and more.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.