The Vida Agency (TVA) is a woman and minority-owned, full-service communications, marketing, and research firm is looking to hire a Part-time Bookkeeper (20-25 hours per week). At TVA we collaborate with public agencies and private corporations to reach diverse audiences for greater cultural impact.
Are you looking to join a communications and creative agency that celebrates diversity, values work-life balance and thrives on making a difference?
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
This position responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintaining accounting records, preparing and sending invoices and managing the accounts receivable, categorizing accounts payable for approval, providing report cash flow, preparing the books for the accountant. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be detail oriented. Working knowledge of QuickBooks is required. Experience with Federal Accounting Requirements (FAR) and or government contracting is preferred.
– Posts entries from a wide variety of sources into ledgers and journals, often using computer applications.
– Reconciles bank statements, monitors schedules for notes payable and receivable, bonds, securities and interest, cross check, makes comparisons, balances accounts and takes trial balances.
– Performs credit and collection duties.
– Analyzes facts to determine action to be taken within the limits of standard practice.
– Keeps books and accounting records of financial transactions for establishment.
– Reconciles and balances accounts.
– Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files.
– Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
– Proficiency in QuickBooks
– Strong organizational skills.
– Very detailed oriented.
– Ability to independently manage workload, especially when unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines occur.
– Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks.
– Good interpersonal communications skills.
– Ability to manage up to keep staff and teaming partners on schedule.
– Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams.
– Commitment to inclusive communication practice.
– Post high-school degree or equivalent work experience in the field
Location: Edmonds, WA
– Hybrid work with at least one day per week in office located in Edmonds, WA.
– Laptop including software provided and remote work technology provided
– $27.44 – $29.44 per hour and commensurate with experience in similar positions within the region.
– Interested? Please send cover letter and resume and at least one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Bookkeeper” in the subject line.