The Vida Agency (TVA) is a woman and minority-owned, full-service communications, marketing, and research firm is looking to hire a Proposal Manager. At TVA we provide and conduct communications strategy, brand and marketing campaigns, community engagement, strategic planning, qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, and skilled facilitation for market segments such as public policy, advocacy, health, environment, education, transportation, and more. We collaborate with public agencies and private corporations to reach diverse audiences for greater cultural impact.
Are you looking to join a communications and creative agency that celebrates diversity, values work-life balance and thrives on making a difference?
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
This role’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing proposals and interview presentations, organizing/updating project information and resumes, and coordinating meetings. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be detail-oriented, be able to manage up, and have experience working with public procurement (RFPs, RFQs, RFIs). Working knowledge of InDesign and Acrobat a plus but not required.
– Assist business development manager to establish go/no go decisions.
– Work with staff to development proposal win themes.
– Create proposal planning document that includes production timeline, win themes, outline, proposal requirements.
– Gather and research information to include in proposals, including resumes and project examples.
– Manage proposal content development.
– Write, review, organize, and/or edit proposal copy.
– Assist on cost estimates and budget development.
– Provide final quality control of proposal including proofreading and RFP requirement compliance.
– Performs prospect research and develops competitive applications.
– Organize and update all elements involved with proposal responses including:
– Project descriptions
– Company forms
– Maintains clear and accurate written and electronic records of proposals and reports, including activity tracking in shared drives and databases.
Leads and teaming
– Work with the business development manager to research, track, and update leads
– Works with business development manager on proposal teaming
– Assists business development manager on building and maintaining teaming partner relationships
– Strong organizational skills.
– Very detailed oriented.
– Ability to independently manage workload, especially when unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines occur.
– Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks.
– Good interpersonal communications skills.
– Ability to manage up to keep staff and teaming partners on schedule.
– Strong writing skills.
– Knowledge of basic marketing principles like identifying win themes.
– Strong knowledge of RFP/RFQ and proposal process is required.
– Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams.
– Commitment to inclusive communication practice.
– InDesign and Acrobat experience preferred but not required.
– Post high-school degree or equivalent work experience in the field of communications, marketing, English, or writing.
Location: Seattle-area, WA (or willing to relocate to Seattle)
– Current remote work environment. Hybrid work (2-3 days per week in Edmonds, Seattle or Eastside office) in 2022.
– Laptop including software provided and remote work technology provided
– Annual starting salary is $65,00 – $70,000 and commensurate with experience in similar positions within the region.
– Full benefits
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume and at least one writing sample to email@example.com and include “Proposal/Procurement Specialist” in the subject line.