Are you a detail-oriented, collaborative, and innovative communications professional with a knack for strategic planning and a passion for media relations?
Looking to join a communications and creative agency that celebrates diversity, values work-life balance and thrives on making a difference?
If this sounds like you, read on!
TVA is seeking a driven, detail-oriented, and creative professional for the role of PR and Communications Specialist. This role will be responsible for devising, driving, and executing public relations and communications activities for our clients and the agency.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can clearly formulate and lead communication planning, craft messages and strategy documents, prepare press materials, drive collaborative decisions, and deliver results. In this role, the person will be comfortable providing tactical guidance to a variety of clients in various industries and within the public and private sector.
This role will work with a wide range of media contacts. The ideal candidate will have media relations experience pitching news/stories, creating robust media and communications plans, and developing and maintaining media relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and manage strategic communications and public relations plans (analyzing data, identify tactics, and creating new messaging and content).
- Coordinates public relations efforts in order to meet needs, objectives, and policies of individual, special interest group, business concern, nonprofit organization, or governmental agency.
- Oversee a small project or phases of a larger project.
- Produce compelling content, including press releases, blogs, and story idea pitches.
- Track and influence media coverage, report on PR campaign and program results.
- Develop and manage relationships with a wide range of National and local media contacts including reporters, editors, bloggers, media influencers and media outlets.
- Work closely with TVA leadership on PR and Communications strategy for the agency.
- Create talking points and provide media training for clients and TVA leadership for media opportunities.
- Successfully create and manage complex crisis communications and work closely with TVA leadership on solutions and execution.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a public relations/communications role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven media relations skills and network of relationships with National and Local media outlets. Both digital and traditional.
- Excellent documented ability to craft press releases, media pitches, in-depth PR plans, and strategic communications materials.
- Agency experience
This is a full-time, salaried position that operates remotely and provides input project teams.
Annual Salary: $57,800 – $82,700. Benefits provided.
About The Vida Agency
The Vida Agency develops and executes brand campaigns and brand- and issue-related communication services for market segments such as health, justice, infrastructure, transportation, retail, consumer, political campaigns, public policy, education, and more.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.