The Vida Agency, a boutique woman and minority owned communications agency, is looking for a Strategic Communications and Media Specialist to join the team. At TVA we work on brand campaigns and brand- and issue-related communication services for market segments such as health, transportation, retails, consumer, public policy, education, and more. We work with public agencies and private corporations to reach diverse audiences for greater cultural impact. Are you looking to join a communications and creative agency that celebrates diversity, values work-life balance and thrives on making a difference?
If this sounds like you, read on!
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can clearly formulate and lead communication planning, craft messages and strategy documents, prepare press materials, drive collaborative decisions, and deliver results. In this role, the person will be comfortable providing tactical guidance to a variety of clients in various industries and within the public and private sector. This is a full-time position position that typically requires 5+ years of relevant work experience and proficiency with Microsoft windows applications.
What you’ll do:
– Develop and manage strategic communications, media and public relations plans (analyzing data, identify tactics, and creating new messaging and content).
– Oversee a small project or phases of a larger project.
– Produce compelling content, including press releases, blogs, and story idea pitches.
– Coordinates interviews, organizes news conferences, releases news statements, responds to concerns and information requests from the public and media, and plans and hosts events.
– Oversees a small project or phases of a larger project.
– Track and influence media coverage, report on PR campaign and program results.
– Develop and manage relationships with a wide range of National and local media contacts including reporters, editors, bloggers, media influencers and media outlets.
– Work closely with TVA leadership on PR and Communications strategy for the agency.
– Create talking points and provide media training for clients and TVA leadership for media opportunities.
– Successfully create and manage complex crisis communications and work closely with TVA leadership on solutions and execution.
– Commitment to inclusive communications practices
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Detail oriented in fast-paced environment
– Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once
– Proven media relations skills and network of relationships with National and Local media outlets. Both digital and traditional.
– Excellent documented ability to craft press releases, media pitches, in-depth PR plans, and strategic communications materials.
– At least 5 years’ experience in a public relations/communications role
– Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field
– Agency experience a plus
Location: Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate to Seattle)
– Remote work environment (currently)
– Laptop and remote work technology provided
– Annual starting salary is $57,800 – 82,700 and commensurate with experience in similar positions within the region.
– Full benefits
Interested? Please send cover letter, resume and at least two writing sample to email@example.com and include “Strategic Communications” in the subject line.